Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tutorial: Marquee (Scrolling) Blog Rolls

This took me a long time to figure out on my own. Fellow bloggers REALLY didn't want to share this tip! And it is so simple!

1. Open an HTML/Java Script gadget.
2. Copy and paste this code:

3. Then paste the codes for your links or buttons or whatever you want to scroll.
4. You can change some of the settings if you want.
scrollamount = how fast you want it to go.
direction = is which way you want it to scroll.

5. After all your stuff is pasted in, end it all with this:


6. Then just save it and move it where you want it. Here are a few examples:





Photobucket


Notice that it stops when you put your mouse over it. Too cool.

6 comments:

Kathie @ my net finds said...

this is so awesome, thank you!! I have been searching and searching for a tutorial on how to do this!

I have 2 questions:

how do I get a space between each button?

if I want to use this for awards I've received, do I need to save them to photobucket first to get an html code to use for this?

Mama Nut said...

Thanks!

Here is what I do:

I put enter spaces between each code I want in the marquee.

I like to have the codes to my awards anyway, so I can center them and such. So I would load them into photobucket, just so you have a code to play with.

Kathie @ my net finds said...

well thank you so much for posting this, I was getting so frustrated! I hope you don't mind, I posted a link to this on my sidebar for others. :-)

Camryn said...

I have been looking for something like this FOREVER!! I couldn't figure it out! THANK YOU for posting this!!!

Nikki said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

Lisa said...

YAY!! I've been looking for this and a friend sent me to you! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin